Saturday, July 10, 2010

You should eat to fill your stomach, not your soul. And drink to numb your thirst, not your pain.
You wake up with a list of all the people you'd rather be. But you're already on everyone else's list.
You close your eyes when you cry. That's ok. Just don't keep them closed too long. Things have become beautiful since you last looked. There's nothing more to cry about.
You look at me, now, like this and think “This is who they were all along.” But this is just who I am to other people. And you became other people.
And you asked why people always expected you to smile in photographs. And I told you it was because they hoped that in the future, there would be something to smile about.
I hold you like I do, tightly because I know that one day, I'll die. And I am determined to do it with a smile on my face.
If sadness is what happens when you turn your anger inwards, hope is what happens when you turn your happiness, outwards.
Maybe it's because you're one of those people that believes that sometimes, the most reckless thing you can do with your heart, is not being reckless with it.
Hate doesn't work like love. You have to remind yourself to love.
I will hold you so tightly and carefully when I see you again. Like crystal. Or an atom bomb.
Don't talk to me like you know me. Talk to me like you love me.
You are nobody's hero. And nobody needs you. Desperately.
Every time they cut you, I bleed.
If the type of person you wish existed doesn't, then that is who you must become.
Here's to you. Because I've never met anyone who makes a better you, than you.
The words "I love you" become nothing but noise. But that's why we kiss. To say with our lips what we couldn't before.
You could get on my motorbike and we could drive to a lake. We could talk about what it means to be you, what it means to be me, what it means to love and what it means to be us. And in 20 years' time, we could look back on this day and know that we meant what we said.
When you lived here, it was a city. When you left, it became a town.
You love the way air moves. And now I can no longer breathe.
I know you're not here, I can see it in your eyes when we talk. Where ever you are, come back soon.
You tell me that everything is rented. That even my time, is borrowed. Well, sir, at least my thoughts are my own.
You can join the millions talking in the dark. Or you can stand up and scream light, out into the night.
I don't know who you're kissing now. But I do know who you think about when you do.
If you don't think I'm important, you're a no one, not a someone. Because everyone is important to someone.
Congratulations. You took me down. And now, you have made everything that is sad, relevant.
You tried so hard to be the person everyone wanted you to be. Maybe you should've just been the person you wanted to be.
If you ever forget how to breathe, I can remind you.
What I meant to say was, sometimes I stare at the cigarette in my hand and beg it to stop wasting my time and just kill me. But I figured you didn't want to hear that.
I'm fine. I just break sometimes. Just understand that if I break, I'm breaking for you.
Know someone as much as you can. Hold onto the moments that define them. Then when their body leaves, they won’t.

1 comment:

  1. really nice things to read when you feel empty... and that happens a lot lately...

    ReplyDelete