Friday, May 28, 2010

cause you're hoping you're wrong, & every time he does something that tells you he's no good, you ignore it. and every time he comes through & surprises you, he wins you over, & you lose that argument with yourself that he's not for you
I wasn't mad because he didn't like me, I was jealous because he liked her.
dreams are always crushing when they don't come true but it's the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable you're always close enough to touch but never quite close enough to hold and it's enough to break your heart
Sooner or later, you'll realize that even your best friends aren't really there for you. You realize that you're alone in this world and no matter how much you cry, or how much you pray, only you can help yourself.
You're on your knees, picking up the pieces from your past. But there's nothing more to gather, you're holding on to moments that won't last.
Forgive me if I look so lonely, it's not that bad. Sometimes it's just the sound of the T.V. that gets me wondering why. Sometimes it's just a conversation that makes me cry.
Any girl can look in your eyes a million times and still not see what I see.
i dont know. i guess today is just one of those days where the rainy, dark cloud above my head likes me a little too much
She lies in the grass staring up at the sky wondering what happened to her life
You say I'm heading down the path of destruction, but you don't know the half of it. So please step aside, you're kind of in my way.
All I wanted to do today was collapse into somebody's arms and cry, but nobody was there to catch me.
It's the things you don't see coming that are strong enough to kill you.
She hurts herself, because she knows she screwed up and she can't make it better.
And I am content to walk a little slower, because there is nowhere that I really need to be. I find that life is easier when it is just a blur, with no details to confuse who or what or where I was.
I'm madly in love with you. But I don't have to courage to confess my real feelings. I'm just too afraid of getting broken again.
Sometimes I think you would rather watch me drown then get your hands wet.
True love? I used to believe it existed, but when you've had your heart torn and thrown on the flow, you just don't care anymore.
I know you've heard that I'm doing just fine, that I'm happy now and I have someone that's mine. But if you only knew what I still feel for you, I've played pretend well, I tried loving him too.
I don't think I'll ever be able to completely break down your wall. Even though I let you right through mine.
It's funny to me, it really is. I'm with this amazing guy, who treats me so much better than you ever did. But all I can do is wish that I was with you.
and that's why he can't look her in the eyes anymore. he knows just how much he hurt her.
When she talks to him, she realizes something. That for once, she's happy. and she doesn't have to pretend to be. She notices that look she has in her eyes, and the smile on her face and she doesn't want that to go away
He likes to keep to himself, but I would also love to keep him. He may sleep alone, but he's not the only lonely sleeper.
The streetlights flicker and then they fade. Like every good intention I've ever had.
I wonder how am I supposed to feel when you're not here? Cause I burned every bridge I ever built when you were here. I still try holding on to silly things, I never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment