Saturday, September 26, 2009

You tell yourself over and over again that it isn't worth it.. that it could never last. That the friendship would be ruined. But everytime he calls you, you wonder if this will finally be the phone call when he says what you want him to. And everytime you look into his eyes..
Y O U' R E G O N E A G A I N
.
I'm at a point in my life that if I were underwater, I doubt I'd kick to come to the top
so i heard our song on the radio today. and i thought of you. funny, just a couple days ago, i'd call you and tell you that our song was on . . and now i just change the radio station.
all girls are suspicious of girls that are "just friends" because we know ; the guys we've had that were "just friends" we thought of as more than that.
And she's just a stupid little girl with her hopes up way too high and feelings way too strong for that stupid little boy.
Heartbroken doesn't even begin to describe how she felt the moment he said, "I like you as a friend and nothing more."
And I guess it doesn't matter what I am or pretend to be, cause it's her you'll always love, and it's her I'll always envy.
She's just a little too scared to get close, because everyone who said they would be there left
There's nothing left here for me but empty promises and the thought of all the things I'm never getting back.
I touch your arm, smile, and look straight into your eyes. I promise you're all I think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment